Skip to Main Content
New Jersey's forests, 2008Author(s): Susan J. Crocker; Mark D. Nelson; Charles J. Barnett; Gary J. Brand; Brett J. Butler; Grant M. Domke; Mark H. Hansen; Mark A. Hatfield; Tonya W. Lister; Dacia M. Meneguzzo; Charles H. Perry; Ronald J. Piva; Barry T. Wilson; Christopher W. Woodall; Bill Zipse
Source: Resour. Bull. NRS-59. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 52 p. [DVD included].
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (29.54 MB)
DescriptionThe first full annual inventory of New Jersey's forests reports more than 2.0 million acres of forest land and 83 tree species. Forest land is dominated by oak-hickory forest types in the north and pitch pine forest types in the south. The volume of growing stock on timberland has been rising since 1956 and currently totals 3.4 billion cubic feet. The average annual net growth of growing stock from 1999 to 2008 averages 94.6 million cubic feet per year. This report includes additional information on forest attributes, land use change, carbon, timber products, and forest health. The included DVD provides information on error estimates, quality assurance of data collection, tables, and raw data.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCrocker, Susan J.; Nelson, Mark D.; Barnett, Charles J.; Brand, Gary J.; Butler, Brett J.; Domke, Grant M.; Hansen, Mark H.; Hatfield, Mark A.; Lister, Tonya W.; Meneguzzo, Dacia M.; Perry, Charles H.; Piva, Ronald J.; Wilson, Barry T.; Woodall, Christopher W.; Zipse, Bill. 2011. New Jersey's forests, 2008. Resour. Bull. NRS-59. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 52 p. [DVD included].
Keywordsinventory, forest statistics, forest land, volume, biomass, carbon, growth, removals, mortality, forest health, New Jersey
XML: View XML