Skip to Main Content
Status of growth and yield information for northern forest typesAuthor(s): Dale S. Solomon
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-29. Upper Darby, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 251-260
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (577.58 KB)
DescriptionExisting regional growth-and-yield information for most of the northern forest types is summarized by species. Present research is concentrated on growth-simulation models, constructed by either aggregating available information or through individual tree growth studies. A uniformity of more refined measurements is needed so that future growth models can be tried for other species and forest types.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSolomon, Dale S. 1977. Status of growth and yield information for northern forest types. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-29. Upper Darby, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 251-260
- Developing strategies to initialize landscape-scale vegetation maps from FIA data to enhance resolution of individual species-size cohort representation in the landscape disturbance model SIMPPLLE
- Modeling Forest Timber Productivity in the South: Where Are We Today?
- Habitat relationships of landbirds in the Northern Region, USDA Forest Service
XML: View XML