Skip to Main Content
Update on soil fumigation: MBr alternatives and reregistration decisionsAuthor(s): Scott A. Enebak
Source: In: Riley, L. E.; Haase, D. L.; Pinto, J. R., tech. coords. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2010. Proc. RMRS-P-65. Fort Collins, CO: USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 40-45.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (395.93 KB)
DescriptionThis article gives a brief history of the importance of methyl bromide in the production of forest seedlings in the southern United States and the timeline for the Montreal Protocol and Clean Air Act to phase out ozone-depleting compounds. In addition, the process, steps, and potential for continued MBr use under the Critical Use Exemption and Quarantine Pre-shipment articles within the treaty are discussed. A summary of the re-registration decisions proposed by the US Environmental Protection Agency for the re-registration of all soil fumigants under the Food Quality Protection Act is outlined as well as current status of MBr alternatives available for the production of forest seedlings in the southern United States.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEnebak, Scott A. 2011. Update on soil fumigation: MBr alternatives and reregistration decisions. In: Riley, L. E.; Haase, D. L.; Pinto, J. R., tech. coords. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2010. Proc. RMRS-P-65. Fort Collins, CO: USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 40-45.
KeywordsMontreal Protocol, Critical Use Exemption, Quarantine Pre-shipment, Reregistration Decisions
- Soil fumigation: The critical use exemption, quarantine pre-shipment rules, re-registration decision, and their effect on the 2012 growing season
- Methyl bromide and the Montreal Protocol: An update on the critical use exemption and quarantine pre-shipment process
- The history and future of methyl bromide alternatives in the southern United States
XML: View XML