Skip to Main Content
Trends In Rhode Island Forests: A Half-Century of ChangeAuthor(s): Northeastern Research Station and Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management Division of Forest Environment
Source: NE-INF-144-02. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry. 8 p.
Publication Series: Information Forestry
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (419.95 KB)
DescriptionForests provide watershed protection, settings for recreation, wildlife habitat, biodiversity, wood and other products, and much more. Forests contribute to the quality of life of each Rhode Island resident making the State a better place in which to live. Some of the significant trends that have occurred in Rhode Island's forests over the last half century are highlighted in this report. The data are summarized from reports published by the USDA Forest Service, which periodically inventories the forest resources of the 50 states. In 1998, the USDA Forest Service, in cooperation with the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management, Division of Forest Environment completed the fourth statewide inventory of Rhode Island's forests.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNortheastern Research Station and Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management Division of Forest Environment 2002. Trends In Rhode Island Forests: A Half-Century of Change. United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service Northeastern Forest Experiment Station Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, NE-INF-144-02. 8 p.
XML: View XML