Skip to Main Content
Trends in Connecticut's Forests: A Half-Century of ChangeAuthor(s): Northeastern Research Station and State of Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection Division of Forestry
Source: United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service Northeastern Forest Experiment Station Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, NE-INF-143-01. 8 p.
Publication Series: Information Forestry
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (635.44 KB)
DescriptionForests provide wood and other products, watershed protection, wildlife habitat, biodiversity, a setting for recreation, and much more. Highlighted here are significant trends in Connecticut?s forests over the last half-century. Data are summarized from forest inventories conducted by the USDA Forest Service, which periodically inventories the Nation?s forest resources. In cooperation with the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection Division of Forestry, the Forest Service completed the fourth statewide inventory of Connecticut?s forests, in 1998.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNortheastern Research Station and State of Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection Division of Forestry 2001. Trends in Connecticut''s Forests: A Half-Century of Change. United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service Northeastern Forest Experiment Station Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, NE-INF-143-01. 8 p.
KeywordsConnecticut, watershed protection, wildlife habitt, biodiversity, Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection Division of Forestry, FIA
- Connecticut's Forest Resources, 2006
- Forest statistics for Connecticut
- Forest Health Monitoring in Connecticut, 1996-1999
XML: View XML