Skip to Main Content
An application of importance-performance analysis to recreational storm chasingAuthor(s): Jiawen Chen; Sonja Wilhelm Stanis; Carla Barbieri; Shuangyu Xu
Source: In: Fisher, Cherie LeBlanc; Watts, Clifton E., Jr., eds. Proceedings of the 2010 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-94. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 45-51.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (274.26 KB)
DescriptionSince the release of the movie "Twister" in 1996, storm chasing has become an increasingly popular form of recreation. Storm chasing tour agencies have emerged to provide technical assistance and guidance to individuals wishing to participate in this activity. However, little is known about the participants' perceptions of their storm chasing tours. Therefore, an Importance-Performance Analysis (IPA) was conducted to examine recreational storm chasers' perceptions of 22 tour operational attributes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationChen, Jiawen; Stanis, Sonja Wilhelm; Barbieri, Carla; Xu, Shuangyu. 2012. An application of importance-performance analysis to recreational storm chasing. In: Fisher, Cherie LeBlanc; Watts, Clifton E., Jr., eds. Proceedings of the 2010 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-94. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 45-51.
- Tornado chasing: an introduction to risk tourism opportunities
- Motivations and sensation seeking characteristics of recreational storm chasers
- Stakeholder perceptions of collaboration for managing nature-based recreation in a coastal protected area in Alaska
XML: View XML