Skip to Main Content
Kane Experimental ForestAuthor(s): Northeastern Research Station
Publication Series: Information Forestry
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (4.83 MB)
DescriptionThe 1,737 acres of forest land that comprise the Kane Experimental Forest (KEF), were originally part of the Allegheny National Forest. On March 23, 1932, the land was formally dedicated to research use for the Allegheny Forest Experiment Station (now the Northeastern Research Station). The KEF was established to promote the study of the unglaciated portion of the beech-birch-maplehemlock forest type that made up such a large part of the Station?s territory. Today, the Experimental Forest serves as the field laboratory for the research project ?Understanding and Managing Forest Ecosystems of the Allegheny Plateau Region,? which is headquartered at the Forestry Sciences Laboratory in Irvine, Pennsylvania.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationNortheastern Research Station 1999. Kane Experimental Forest. null
- Comment on "Long-term decline of sugar maple following forest harvest, Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, New Hampshire"
- Placing our northern hardwood woodlots under management
- Evaluating the applicability of the shelterwood-burn technique for regenerating the mixed-oak forests of the Allegheny National Forest
XML: View XML