Skip to Main Content
Population responses of hymenopteran parasitoids to the emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Bupresitidae) in recently invaded areas in north central United StatesAuthor(s): Jian J. Duan; Leah S. Bauer; Kristopher J. Abell; Roy van Driesch
Source: BioControl. 57: 919-209.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (398.2 KB)
Related Research Highlights Emerald Ash Borer Natural Enemies Becoming Established in the United States
DescriptionPopulations of hymenopteran parasitoids associated with larval stages of the invasive emerald ash borer (EAB) Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) were surveyed in 2009 and 2010 in the recently invaded areas in north central United States (Michigan), where two introduced EAB larval parasitoids, Tetrastichus planipennisi Yang and Spathius agrili Yang were released for classical biological control. Results from two years of field surveys showed that several hymenopteran parasitoids have become associated with EAB in Michigan. Among these parasitoids, the gregarious species T. planipennisi was the most abundant, accounting for 93% of all parasitoid individuals collected in 2009 (immediately after field release) and 58% in 2010 (a year later after field releases).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationDuan, Jian J.; Bauer, Leah S.; Abell, Kristopher J.; van Driesch, Roy. 2012. Population responses of hymenopteran parasitoids to the emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Bupresitidae) in recently invaded areas in north central United States. BioControl. 57: 919-209.
Keywordsindigenous, exotics and invasive species, parasitoids, wood borers, biological control
- Interactions between Spathius agrili (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) and Tetrastichus planipennisi (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae), larval parasitoids of Agrilus planipennis (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
- Population dynamics of an invasive forest insect and associated natural enemies in the aftermath of invasion: implications for biological control
- Progress in the classical biological control of Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) in North America
XML: View XML