Skip to Main Content
The market for U. S. hardwoods in the United Kingdom: market needs and satisfaction with U. S. ProductsAuthor(s): Robert J. Bush; Philip A. Araman
Source: Proceedings, The Forest Industries 21st Wood Technology Clinic Show. 10 pp.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (163 KB)
DescriptionImporters of hardwood lumber in the United Kingdom were studied to determine the product and supplier attributes that most influenced their purchase decisions. Importers of North American hardwoods were least satisfied with Lumber Straightness. Straightness, Absence of Stain and the Absence of Surface Checks were the most important lumber attributes. On Time Shipment of Orders, Competitive Prices and Quick Responses to Inquiries were the most important supplier attributes.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBush, Robert J.; Araman, Philip A. 1993. The market for U. S. hardwoods in the United Kingdom: market needs and satisfaction with U. S. Products. Proceedings, The Forest Industries 21st Wood Technology Clinic Show. 10 pp.
- The Market for U.S. Hardwoods in the United Kingdom: Market Characteristics
- Determinant Product and Supplier Attributes in Domestic Markets for Hardwood Lumber
- Matching Your Hardwood Lumber to Market Needs
XML: View XML