Skip to Main Content
Trend indicators needed for effective recreation planning - a statistical blueprint for the 80'sAuthor(s): H. Fred Kaiser; George H. Moeller
Source: In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 27-32.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (871.39 KB)
DescriptionHere we outline important elements in recreation planning and describe how the process is changing, using Federal land management agencies as our example. We outline some factors that will impact on planning in the 80's, encourage establishment of a system to monitor trends in key factors that influence recreation behavior.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKaiser, H. Fred; Moeller, George H. 1980. Trend indicators needed for effective recreation planning - a statistical blueprint for the 80''s. In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 27-32.
- Toward a better understanding of the social benefits of outdoor recreation participation
- Predicting quantitative and qualitative values of recreation participation
- The use of recreation planning tools in U.S. Forest Service NEPA assessments
XML: View XML