Skip to Main Content
Trends in private and commercial recreationAuthor(s): Arlin F. Epperson
Source: In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 47-58.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.36 MB)
DescriptionAlthough there has been substantial growth in the supply of outdoor recreation resources, there is no existing system or program to track annual changes in private and commercial facilities or enterprises. This paper traces efforts to assess the supply of private recreation resources and provides the reader with information on where to look for data on the private sector.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEpperson, Arlin F. 1980. Trends in private and commercial recreation. In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 47-58.
- Framework for the assessment
- Trends in river recreation
- Outdoor recreation in American life: a national assessment of demand and supply trends.
XML: View XML