Skip to Main Content
Trends in land and water available for outdoor recreationAuthor(s): Lloyd C. Irland; Thomas Rumpf
Source: In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 77-87.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (620.56 KB)
DescriptionA data base for assessing the availability of land for outdoor recreation does not exist. Information on related issues such as vandalism, easements, and land posting is scanty. Construction of a data base for assessing land availability should be a high priority for USFS and HCRS, and for SCORP's and the RPA and RCA assessments.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationIrland, Lloyd C.; Rumpf, Thomas. 1980. Trends in land and water available for outdoor recreation. In: LaPage, Wilbur F., ed. Proceedings 1980 National Outdoor Recreation Trends Symposium. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-57. Vols. I and II. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station: 77-87.
- An accuracy assessment of forest disturbance mapping in the western Great Lakes
- Incorporating shrub and snag specific LiDAR data into GAP wildlife models
- Monitoring post-wildfire vegetation response with remotely sensed time-series data in Spain, USA and Israel
XML: View XML