Skip to Main Content
American beech resistance to Cryptococcus fagisugaAuthor(s): David R. Houston
Source: In: Proceedings, I.U.F.R.O. Beech Bark Disease Working Party Conference; 1982 September 26-October 8; Hamden, CT. Sponsored by the USDA Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-37. [Washington, DC]: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service: 38-42.
Publication Series: Proceedings - Paper (PR-P)
Station: Washington Office
PDF: View PDF (1022.74 KB)
DescriptionAmerican beech trees that were free of beech bark disease in forests long-affected by beech bark disease were challenged with C. fagisuga using the 'foam' technique. Trees were resistant: no insects reached maturity. In Nova Scotia, 12-15 disease-free trees per hectare occurred in the stands examined. Many of these trees occurred in groups.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHouston, David R. 1983. American beech resistance to Cryptococcus fagisuga. In: Proceedings, I.U.F.R.O. Beech Bark Disease Working Party Conference; 1982 September 26-October 8; Hamden, CT. Sponsored by the USDA Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-37. [Washington, DC]: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service: 38-42.
- Comparisons of protein profiles of beech bark disease resistant and susceptible American beech (Fagus grandifolia)
- Genome-wide association study identifies a major gene for beech bark disease resistance in American beech (Fagus grandifolia Ehrh.)
- Assessment of beech scale resistance in full- and half-sibling American beech families
XML: View XML