Skip to Main Content
High Stakes for Medium GradesAuthor(s): Philip A. Araman
Source: Timber Trades Journal Focus on North America. pp. 23, 27.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (241 KB)
DescriptionThis article discusses how the high demand for domestic and export logs, lumber, veneer, and other hardwood products might be solved by using dimension products and lesser-known species. It also discusses how the demands on U.S. hardwood forests for pulpwood and fuelwood will be filled primarily with low grade and small diameter hardwoods.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAraman, Philip A. 1992. High Stakes for Medium Grades. Timber Trades Journal Focus on North America. pp. 23, 27.
- Challenges and opportunities for North American hardwood manufacturers to adopt customization strategies in an era of increased competition
- U.S. Hardwood Product Exports to Canada and a Look at U.S. Hardwood Resources
- U.S. hardwood fiber demand and supply situation : globalization and structural change
XML: View XML