Skip to Main Content
Cytogenetic Analysis of Populus trichocarpa - Ribosomal DNA, Telomere Repeat Sequence, and Marker-selected BACsAuthor(s): M.N. lslam-Faridi; C.D. Nelson; S.P. DiFazio; L.E. Gunter; G.A. Tuskan
Source: Cytogenet Genome Res 125:74-80
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (999.68 KB)
DescriptionThe 185-285 rDNA and 55 rDNA loci in Populus trichocarpa were localized using fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH). Two 185-285 rDNA sites and one 55 rDNA site were identified and located at the ends of 3 different chromosomes. FISH signals from the Arabidopsis-type telomere repeat sequence were observed at the distal ends of each chromosome. Six BAC clones selected from 2 linkage groups based on genome sequence assembly (LG-I and LG-VI) were localized on 2 chromosomes, as expected. BACs from LG-I hybridized to the longest chromosome in the complement. All BAC positions were found to be concordant with sequence assembly positions. BAC-FISH will be useful for delineating each of the Populus trichocarpa chromosomes and improving the sequence assembly of this model angiosperm tree species.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citationlslam-Faridia, M.N.; Nelson, C.D.; DiFazio, S.P.; Gunter, L.E.; Tuskan, G.A. 2009. Cytogenetic Analysis of Populus trichocarpa - Ribosomal DNA, Telomere Repeat Sequence, and Marker-selected BACs. Cytogenet Genome Res 125:74-80.
KeywordsBAC, FISH, Populus trichocarpa, rDNA, Telomere
- The genome of black cottonwood, Populus trichocarpa (Torr. & Gray)
- Sapflow of hybrid poplar (Populus nigra L. x P. maximowiczii A. Henry 'NM6') during phytoremediation of landfill leachate
- Growth under field conditions affects lignin content and productivity in transgenic Populus trichocarpa with altered lignin biosynthesis
XML: View XML