Skip to Main Content
NED-2 reference guideAuthor(s): Mark J. Twery; Peter D. Knopp; Scott A. Thomasma; Donald E. Nute
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-86. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 728 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (2.71 MB)
DescriptionThis is the reference guide for NED-2, which is the latest version of NED, a forest ecosystem management decision support system. This software is part of a family of software products intended to help resource managers develop goals, assess current and future conditions, and produce sustainable management plans for forest properties. Designed for stand-alone Windows-based personal computers, NED-2 integrates a variety of forest management tools into a single environment. These tools include databases, growth and yield models, wildlife models, geographic information systems (GIS), visualization tools, and others. The software is distributed with an online help system and a user's guide http://www.nrs.fs.fed.us/pubs/39537/. This reference guide provides more detailed explanations of the models, equations, and rules that underlie the software. NED-2 software can be downloaded from http://nrs.fs.fed.us/tools/ned/products/ned2/.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTwery, Mark J.; Knopp, Peter D.; Thomasma, Scott A.; Nute, Donald E. 2012. NED-2 reference guide. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-86. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 728 p.
Keywordsdecision support, forest management, software, silviculture, multiple benefits, eastern North America
- NED-2 User's Guide
- An Intelligent Information System for forest management: NED/FVS integration
- A method for integrating multiple components in a decision support system
XML: View XML