Skip to Main Content
Housing trends & impacts on wood products manufacturingAuthor(s): Matt Bumgardner; Urs Buehlmann; Al Schuler; Karen Koenig
Source: Wood and Wood Products. 117(5): 17-18, 20, 22, 24.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (876.87 KB)
DescriptionWhile there are some signs of improvement in the business conditions and sales volume faced by the secondary wood industry in relation to the housing market, they are slow in coming. This third annual housing market survey looks at the trends in the industry and analyzes what has changed in terms of market conditions, company performance and the actions being taken by woodworkers to remain profitable. The studies are a joint effort by Virginia Tech, the USDA Forest Service, and Wood & Wood Products. The 2012 survey garnered 307 responses from industry professionals representing a variety of secondary wood products companies from across the United States.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBumgardner, Matt; Buehlmann, Urs; Schuler, Al; Koenig, Karen. 2012. Housing trends & impacts on wood products manufacturing. Wood and Wood Products. 117(5): 17-18, 20, 22, 24.
- Impacts of construction markets on firm performance and behaviors in the secondary woodworking industry, 2010-2013
- Impact of construction and remodeling markets on the U.S. secondary hardwood products industry
- Housing and the wood industry, trends & market conditions
XML: View XML