Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
California’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2006Author(s): Todd A. Morgan; Jason P. Brandt; Kathleen E. Songster; Charles E. Keegan; Glenn A. Christensen
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-866. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 48 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (5.5 MB)
DescriptionThis report traces the flow of California’s 2006 timber harvest through the primary wood products industry (i.e., firms that process timber into manufactured products such as lumber, as well as facilities such as pulp mills and particleboard plants, which use the wood fiber or mill residue directly from timber processors) and provides a description of the structure, condition, and economic impacts of California’s forest products industry. Historical wood products industry changes are discussed, as well as trends in harvest, production, mill residue, and sales. Also examined are employment and worker earnings in the state’s primary and secondary forest products industry.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMorgan, Todd A.; Brandt, Jason P.; Songster, Kathleen E.; Keegan, Charles E., III; Christensen, Glenn A. 2012. California’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2006. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-866. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 48 p.
KeywordsBioenergy, employment, forest economics, lumber production, mill residue, mill capacity, wood products
- California's forest products industry and timber harvest, 2012
- Alaska's timber harvest and forest products industry, 2005
- North Dakota timber industry: an assessment of timber product output and use, 2009
XML: View XML