Skip to Main Content
Taxonomy of Pseudolagarobasidium (Polyporales, Basidiomycota)Author(s): Karen K. Nakasone; Daniel L. Lindner
Source: Fungal Diversity. 55: 155-169.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (650.0 KB)
DescriptionPseudolagarobasidium (Polyporales, Basidiomycota) is a small, monophyletic genus of crustose, wood-inhabiting fungi with spines and a saprobic, endophytic, or parasitic habit. Seven species are accepted in the genus including two new species, P. belizense from Belize and P. pusillum from Australia. Sequence analysis of the internal transcribed spacer of the ribosomal RNA gene places P. belizense in a monophyletic clade with P. acaciicola and an undescribed foliar endophyte. New combinations proposed include P. modestum for Irpex modestus Berk., P. pronum for Hydnum pronum Berk.& Broome which is an earlier name for P. calcareum, and P. venustum for Radulodon venustus Hjortstam & Ryvarden. Irpex colliculosum Berk. & Broome from Sri Lanka is conspecific with P. subvinosum. Two species, Sistotrema ochroleucum and Radulum concentricum are not accepted in Pseudolagarobasidium. Pseudolagarobasidium is compared with Radulodon and similar genera. A key to the species of Pseudolagarobasidium is provided.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNakasone, Karen K.; Lindner, Daniel L. 2012.Taxonomy of Pseudolagarobasidium (Polyporales, Basidiomycota). Fungal Diversity. 55:155-169.
KeywordsPirex concentricum, Pseudolagarobasidium acaciicola, P. leguminicola, Hydnum ayresii, Microbinding hyphae
- Type studies of corticioid Hymenomycetes (Basidiomycota) with aculei - Part II
- New records of truffle fungi (Basidiomycetes) from Turkey
- Mycoaciella : a synonym of phlebia
XML: View XML