Skip to Main Content
Prescribing silvicultural treatments in hardwood stands of the Alleghenies. (Revised)Author(s): David A. Marquis; Richard L. Ernst; Susan L. Stout
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-96. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station. 101 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (8.67 MB)
DescriptionThis publication brings together the results of 20 years of research and experience in the silviculture of hardwood forests in the Allegheny region. It provides a summary of silvicultural knowledge, and guidelines, decision tables, and step-by-step instructions for determining silviculutural prescriptions in individual stands.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationMarquis, David A.; Ernst, Richard L.; Stout, Susan L. 1992. Prescribing silvicultural treatments in hardwood stands of the Alleghenies. (Revised). Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-96. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station. 101 p.
Keywordssilvicultural prescriptions, management guides, regeneration, stand culture, Allegheny hardwoods, northern hardwoods, oak-hickory, decision support system
- Proceedings. 14th Central Hardwood Forest Conference
- Photographic guide to crown condition of oaks: use for gypsy moth silviculture
- Spatial modeling and inventories for prioritizing investment into oak-hickory restoration
XML: View XML