Skip to Main Content
Prescribing silvicultural treatments in hardwood stands of the Alleghenies. (Revised)Author(s): David A. Marquis; Richard L. Ernst; Susan L. Stout
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-96. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station. 101 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (8.67 MB)
DescriptionThis publication brings together the results of 20 years of research and experience in the silviculture of hardwood forests in the Allegheny region. It provides a summary of silvicultural knowledge, and guidelines, decision tables, and step-by-step instructions for determining silviculutural prescriptions in individual stands.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMarquis, David A.; Ernst, Richard L.; Stout, Susan L. 1992. Prescribing silvicultural treatments in hardwood stands of the Alleghenies. (Revised). Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-96. Broomall, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experimental Station. 101 p.
Keywordssilvicultural prescriptions, management guides, regeneration, stand culture, Allegheny hardwoods, northern hardwoods, oak-hickory, decision support system
- Proceedings. 14th Central Hardwood Forest Conference
- Photographic guide to crown condition of oaks: use for gypsy moth silviculture
- Spatial modeling and inventories for prioritizing investment into oak-hickory restoration
XML: View XML