Skip to Main Content
California tree seed zonesAuthor(s): John M. Buck; Ronald S. Adams; Jerrold Cone; M. Thompson Conkle; William J. Libby; Cecil J. Eden; Michel J. Knight
Source: San Francisco: California Region, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture; 5 p
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
PDF: Download Publication (943.41 KB)
DescriptionCalifornia forest tree seed zones were established originally by Fowells (1946), with revisions proposed by Roy (1963) and Schubert (1966). The Forest Tree Seed Committee of the Northern California Section, Society of American Foresters, has revised the original zones and updated the recording system described in the earlier reports. Fowells' (1946) Research Note should be reviewed for background material. Portions of Schubert's (1966) proposals were incorporated in the new system.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationBuck, John M.; Adams, Ronald S.; Cone, Jerrold; Conkle, M. Thompson; Libby, William J.; Eden, Cecil J.; Knight, Michel J. 1970. California tree seed zones. San Francisco: California Region, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture; 5 p.
- Increasing Planting Stock by Family Selection in California Ponderosa Pine
- Climate-based seed zones for Mexico: guiding reforestation under observed and projected climate change
- Seed zones and breeding zones for sugar pine in southwestern Oregon.
XML: View XML