Skip to Main Content
Oregon’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2008: industry trends and impacts of the Great Recession through 2010Author(s): Charles B. Gale; Charles E. Keegan; Erik C. Berg; Jean Daniels; Glenn A. Christensen; Colin B. Sorenson; Todd A. Morgan; Paul Polzin
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-868. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 55 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (5.69 MB)
DescriptionThis report traces the flow of Oregon’s 2008 timber harvest through the primary timber processing industry and provides a description of the structure, operation, and condition of Oregon’s forest products industry as a whole. It is the second in a series of reports that update the status of the industry every 5 years. Based on a census conducted in 2009 and 2010, we provide detailed information about the industry in 2008, and discuss historical changes as well as more recent trends in harvest, production, and sales. To convey the severe market and economic conditions that existed in 2008, 2009, and 2010, we also provide updated information on the industry and its inputs and outputs through 2010.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGale, Charles B.; Keegan, Charles E., III; Berg, Erik C.; Daniels, Jean; Christensen, Glenn A.; Sorenson, Colin B.; Morgan, Todd A.; Polzin, Paul. 2012. Oregon’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2008: industry trends and impacts of the Great Recession through 2010. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-868. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 55 p.
KeywordsOregon forest products industry, timber harvest, timber receipts, log flow, timber-processing capacity, lumber overrun, mill residue, employment.
- Oregon's forest products industry and timber harvest 2013 with trends through 2014
- Montana's forest products industry and timber harvest, 2009
- Wyoming's forest products industry and timber harvest, 2010
XML: View XML