Skip to Main Content
Boidinella gen. nov. (Cantharellales, Basidiomycota)Author(s): Karen K. Nakasone
Source: Cryptogamie, Mycologie. 32(2): 191-197.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (279.83 KB)
DescriptionThe genus Boidinella is erected to accommodate Sistotremella cystidiolophora and Dendrothele globulispora. The genus is characterized by effuse, soft, farinaceous to membranous basidiomata, delicate dendrohyphidia, obclavate leptocystidia, urniform basidia with 4 sterigmata, and subglobose to ellipsoid basidiospores with hyaline, slightly thickened, smooth, cyanophilous walls. Boidinella is compared with Dendrothele, Hypochnicium, Sistotremella, and Leptocorticium.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNakasone, Karen K. 2011. Boidinella gen nov (Cantharellales, Basidiomycota). Cryptogamie, Mycologie. 32(2): 191-197.
Keywordstaxonomy, cyanophilous basidiospores, dendrohyphidia, Dendrothele, urniform basidia
- Neocampanella, a new corticioid fungal genus, and a note on Dendrothele bispora
- Taxonomy of Epithele (Polyporales, Basidiomycota)
- Morphological studies of Dendrothele species from North America
XML: View XML