Skip to Main Content
Science and stewardship to protect and sustain wilderness values: Proceedings of the Ninth World Wilderness Congress SymposiumAuthor(s): Brooke B. McBride
Source: International Journal of Wilderness. 17(3): 28, 41.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (163.4 KB)
DescriptionWILD9 convened in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico, in 2009 with a challenging agenda. For more than eight days, 1,800 delegates from more than 50 nations gathered to feel, think, and act (siente, piensa, actua) on many important conservation issues requiring international cooperation. The compilation of papers from the Symposium on Science and Stewardship to Protect and Sustain Wilderness Values is now available online, in hard copy, and on CD by mail order.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationMcBride, Brooke B. 2011. Science and stewardship to protect and sustain wilderness values: Proceedings of the Ninth World Wilderness Congress Symposium. International Journal of Wilderness. 17(3): 28, 41.
KeywordsWILD9, conservation issues, wilderness values
- An examination of constraints to wilderness visitation
- The multiple values of wilderness and the future of the national wilderness preservation system
- Visitor's knowledge of federal wilderness: implications for wilderness user research and management
XML: View XML