Skip to Main Content
Estimating tree biomass regressions and their error, proceedings of the workshop on tree biomass regression functions and their contribution to the errorAuthor(s): Eric H. Wharton; Tiberius Cunia
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-117. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 303 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (18.96 MB)
DescriptionProceedings of a workshop co-sponsored by the USDA Forest Service, the State University of New York, and the Society of American Foresters. Presented were papers on the methodology of sample tree selection, tree biomass measurement, construction of biomass tables and estimation of their error, and combining the error of biomass tables with that of the sample plots or points. Also presented were papers on various aspects of biomass research currently being conducted in the United States, Canada, and abroad.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWharton, Eric H.; Cunia, Tiberius. 1987. Estimating tree biomass regressions and their error, proceedings of the workshop on tree biomass regression functions and their contribution to the error. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-117. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 303 p.
- Comprehensive database of diameter-based biomass regressions for North American tree species
- Spatial Assessment of Model Errors from Four Regression Techniques
- Tree height and tropical forest biomass estimation
XML: View XML