Skip to Main Content
Understanding LiP Promoters from Phanerochaete chrysosporium: A Bioinformatic AnalysisAuthor(s): Sergio Lobos; Rubén Polanco; Mario Tello; Dan Cullen; Daniela Seelenfreund; Rafael Vicuña
Source: Selected Works in Bioinformatics
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (0 B)
DescriptionDNA contains the coding information for the entire set of proteins produced by an organism. The specific combination of proteins synthesized varies with developmental, metabolic and environmental circumstances. This variation is generated by regulatory mechanisms that direct the production of messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) and subsequent translation of the nucleotide sequence into amino acid sequences, among other fundamental processes including post-translational modifications. A major step of gene expression regulation is the control of transcription initiation by RNA polymerase II. Control systems that modulate mRNA synthesis are based on the specific recognition and interaction of proteins with cognate sites on the DNA. The complex network of DNA protein and protein-protein interactions determines the degree of transcription of a specific sequence and defines particular expression patterns. Ultimately, the outcome of this net of interactions provides the finely-tuned response to internal clues and environmental signals (Matthews, 1992).
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLobos, Sergio; Polanco, Rubén; Tello, Mario; Cullen, Dan ; Seelenfreund, Daniela; Vicuña, Rafael. 2011. Understanding LiP promoters from Phanerochaete chrysosporium: A bioinformatic analysis. In: Xia, Xuhua, ed. Selected works in bioinformatics. Rijeka, Croatia: InTech. Chapter 4: 57-80. ISBN: 978-953-307-281-4.
KeywordsCeriporiopsis, Phanerochaete, genome, lignin, cellulose
- Messenger RNA transcripts
- Transcript patterns of Phanerochaete chrysosporium genes in organopollutant contaminated soils and in wood
- Structure, organization, and transcriptional regulation of a family of copper radical oxidase genes in the lignin-degrading basidiomycete Phanerochaete chrysosporium
XML: View XML