Skip to Main Content
U.S. Forest Service Research and Development (USFS R/D) national science strategy on White Nose Syndrome (WNS)Author(s): Sybill Amelon; Robert T. Brooks; Jessie Glaeser; Megan Friggens; Daniel Lindner; Susan C. Loeb; Ann Lynch; Drew Minnis; Roger Perry; Mary M. Rowland; Monica Tomosy; Ted Weller
Source: Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Research and Development. 18 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication (MISC)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (476.74 KB)
DescriptionThe National Plan for Assisting States, Federal Agencies, and Tribes in Managing White-Nose Syndrome in Bats (National WNS Plan), is a document prepared jointly by the U.S. Departments of the Interior, Agriculture, and Defense, along with the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies. This document provides a strategic framework for the investigation and management of WNS, including key action items and the role(s) of agencies and entities involved in the continental effort. USFS has been a key partner in the development of this plan, and has been engaged in WNS management and science response since the beginning of the WNS outbreak in 2006. USFS R/D has been providing science products and partnership resources to help address the research, monitoring, management, and conservation needs.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAmelon, Sybill; Brooks, Robert T.; Glaeser, Jessie; Friggens, Megan; Lindner, Daniel; Loeb, Susan C.; Lynch, Ann; Minnis, Drew; Perry, Roger; Rowland, Mary M.; Tomosy, Monica; Weller, Ted. 2012. U.S. Forest Service Research and Development (USFS R/D) national science strategy on White Nose Syndrome (WNS). Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Research and Development. 18 p.
KeywordsWhite-Nose Syndrome (WNS), bats
- The North Cascadia Adaptation Partnership: a science-management collaboration for responding to climate change
- Organizing Trails: Proven Methods for Organizing the Complexities of National Historic Trail Impact Analysis
- An integrated science plan for the Lake Tahoe basin: conceptual framework and research strategies
XML: View XML