Skip to Main Content
New Elaphomyces species (Elaphomycetaceae, Eurotiales, Ascomycota) from GuyanaAuthor(s): Michael A. Castellano; Terry W. Henkel; Steven L. Miller; Matthew E. Smith; M. Catherine Aime
Source: Mycologia. 104(5): 1244-1249.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (1.14 MB)
DescriptionElaphomyces compleximurus sp. nov. and E. digitatus sp. nov. are described from the Pakaraima Mountains of Guyana. Macromorphological, micromorphological, habitat and DNA sequence data are provided for each new species. This is the first report of Elaphomyces ascomata associated with ectomycorrhizal members of the Fabaceae and also for the genus from the lowland South American tropics.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCastellano, Michael A.; Henkel, Terry W.; Miller, Steven L.; Smith, Matthew E.; Aime, M. Catherine. 2012. New Elaphomyces species (Elaphomycetaceae, Eurotiales, Ascomycota) from Guyana. Mycologia. 104(5): 1244-1249.
KeywordsDicymbe, Guiana Shield, hypogeous fungi, sequestrate fungi
- Three genera in the Ceratocystidaceae are the respective symbionts of three independent lineages of ambrosia beetles with large, complex mycangia
- Sarcodon in the Neotropics I: new species from Guyana, Puerto Rico and Belize
- A new arenicolous Boletus from the Gulf Coast of northern Florida
XML: View XML