Skip to Main Content
Bioconversion of giant reed (Arundo donax L.) hemicellulose hydrolysate to ethanol by Scheffersomyces stipitis CBS6054Author(s): Danilo Scordia; Salvatore L. Cosentino; Jae-Won Lee; Thomas W. Jeffries
Source: Biomass and Bioenergy, 39 (2012) 296-305
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (715.76 KB)
DescriptionThe objective of this study was to evaluate the production of ethanol by Scheffersomyces (Pichia) stipitis CBS6054, a native xylose fermenting yeast, from sugars contained in the giant reed (Arundo donax L.) hemicellulosic hydrolysate.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationScordia, Danilo; Cosentino, Salvatore L.; Lee, Jae-Won; Jeffries, Thomas W. 2012. Bioconversion of giant reed (Arundo donax L.) hemicellulose hydrolysate to ethanol by Scheffersomyces stipitis CBS6054. Biomass and Bioenergy. 39: 296-305. doi:10.1016/j.biombioe.2012.01.023.
KeywordsArundo donax, Giant reed, Oxalic acid pretreatment, Hemicellulose hydrolysate, Bioethanol production, Scheffersomyces (Pichia) stipitis
- Giant Reed (Arundo donax): A Climax Community of the Riparian Zone
- Dilute oxalic acid pretreatment for biorefining giant reed (Arundo donax L.)
- Enzymatic hydrolysis, simultaneous saccharification and ethanol fermentation of oxalic acid pretreated giant reed (Arundo donax L.)
XML: View XML