Skip to Main Content
A sex-averaged genetic linkage map in coastal Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii [Mirb] Franco var menziesii) based on RFLP and RAPD markersAuthor(s): K.D. Jermstad; D.L. Bassoni; N.C. Wheeler; D.B. Neale
Source: Theor Appl Genet 97:762-770
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: Download Publication (486.71 KB)
DescriptionWe have constructed a sex-averaged genetic linkage map in coastal Douglas-fir ( Pseudotsuga menziesii [Mirb.] Franco var menziesii) using a three-generation outcrossed pedigree and molecular markers. Our research objectives are to learn about genome organization and to identify markers associated with adaptive traits. The map reported here is comprised of 141 markers organized into 17 linkage groups and covers 1,062 centiMorgans (cM). Of the markers positioned on the map, 94 were derived from a Douglas-fir complimentary-DNA (cDNA) library that was constructed from new-growth needle tissue. Other markers include 11 Douglas-fir genomic-DNAs, 20 loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) cDNAs, 15 random amplifed polymorphic DNAs (RAPDs) and a PCR amplifed phytochrome probe. A high degree of variation was detected in each of the two parents of our mapping population, and many of the restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) and RAPD phenotypes were complex. Marker data were analyzed for linkage using mapping software JOINMAP version 2.0.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJermstad, K.D.; Bassoni, D.L.; Wheeler, N.C.; Neale, D.B. 1998. A sex-averaged genetic linkage map in coastal Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii [Mirb] Franco var menziesii) based on RFLP and RAPD markers. Theor Appl Genet 97:762-770.
KeywordsRFLP, RAPD, Genetic map, Null loci, Gene family
- Estimation of population structure in coastal Douglas-fir [Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco var. menziesii] using allozyme and microsatellite markers
- Virulence of Fusarium oxysporum and F. commune to Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) seedlings
- Comparative mapping in the Pinaceae
XML: View XML