Skip to Main Content
A quantitative study of the U.S. wood pallet industry based on supply chain management practicesAuthor(s): Henry Quesada-Pineda; Scarlett Sanchez-Gomez; Philip A. Araman
Source: Journal of Applied Packaging Research 6(1):1-26
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (653.9 KB)
DescriptionPallets play an important role in the movement of goods from place to place. They are not only used in warehouses or distribution centers, but also in all those activities that require an efficient and effective method of transportation. To better understand business practices and external factors that impacts supply chain management (SCM), a survey of 1,500 U.S. wood pallet manufacturers was conducted. Main results focus on the identification of critical aspects affecting purchasing decisions, supplier relationships, internal business practices, customer satisfaction levels, and external uncertainties.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationQuesada-Pineda, Henry; Sanchez-Gomez, Scarlett; Araman, Philip A. 2012. A quantitative study of the U.S. wood pallet industry based on supply chain management practices. Journal of Applied Packaging Research 6(1):1-26.
- Bridging the gap between research and application -- business plan spreadsheets are helping wood recovery efforts
- Research Out On What Buyers of Used Pallets Think
- Landfills potential source for cores -- computer model analyzes landfills for on-site recycling operations
XML: View XML