Skip to Main Content
An introduction to the Thysanoptera a survey of the groupAuthor(s): Trevor Lewis
Source: Parker, Bruce. L.; Skinner, Margaret; Lewis, Trevor, eds. Towards Understanding Thysanoptera. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-147. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 3-22.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (824.59 KB)
DescriptionI acknowledge with gratitude the invitation of Bruce L. Parker, Margaret Skinner and the organizers of this meeting to open the proceedings. It is a great pleasure to be asked to enthuse about a group of insects for which I have long had a particular affection - the Thysanoptera. My problem is that relatively few of the world's entomologists - less than 0.2% - appear to share this interest; it is therefore particularly gratifying to have an entire conference devoted to a thrips and to be able to meet with like-minded colleagues to focus on a serious economic problem.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLewis, Trevor 1991. An introduction to the Thysanoptera a survey of the group. Parker, Bruce. L.; Skinner, Margaret; Lewis, Trevor, eds. Towards Understanding Thysanoptera. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-147. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 3-22.
- The pear thrips problem
- Symposium on Current Research in the Chemical Sciences: Third Annual Southern Station Chemical Sciences Meeting
- Pear thrips damage and impact on the Vermont sugarmaker
XML: View XML