Skip to Main Content
Structure of the mouthparts of Frankliniella bispinosa (Morgan) (Thysanoptera: Thripidae)Author(s): Carl C. Childers; Diann S. Achor
Source: Parker, Bruce. L.; Skinner, Margaret; Lewis, Trevor, eds. Towards Understanding Thysanoptera. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-147. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 71-94.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.22 MB)
DescriptionThrips are increasingly recognized as potentially serious pests in a number of different agricultural, ornamental and sylvan commodities worldwide as indicated by the papers presented at this conference. The small size of thrips, their large numbers, capacity for flight and wind dispersal, wide host ranges, poorly understood life histories and probable potential for pesticide resistance exacerbate the timely development of control strategies.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationChilders, Carl C.; Achor, Diann S. 1991. Structure of the mouthparts of Frankliniella bispinosa (Morgan) (Thysanoptera: Thripidae). Parker, Bruce. L.; Skinner, Margaret; Lewis, Trevor, eds. Towards Understanding Thysanoptera. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-147. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station: 71-94.
- Thrips biocontrol: opportunities for use of natural enemies against the pear thrips
- Agroecological niches and thrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) dynamics
- Systematics of Thysanoptera, pear thrips and other economic species
XML: View XML