Skip to Main Content
Simulation for Rough Mill OptionsAuthor(s): Janice K. Wiedenbeck
Source: Wood and Wood Products. November: 67-71.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (178 KB)
DescriptionHow is rough mill production affected by lumber length? Lumber grade? Cutting quality? Cutting sizes? How would equipment purchase plans be prioritized? How do personnel shifts affect system productivity? What effect would a reduction in machine set-up time have on material flow? Simulation modeling is being widely used in many industries to provide valuable insight into questions such as these.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWiedenbeck, Janice K. 1992. Simulation for Rough Mill Options. Wood and Wood Products. November: 67-71.
- The influence of cutting-bill requirements on lumber yield using a fractional-factorial design part II, correlation and number of part sizes
- Structure of wood
- Short Lumber: Concept and Acceptance
XML: View XML