Skip to Main Content
Tennessee’s forests, 2009Author(s): Christopher M. Oswalt; Sonja N. Oswalt; Tony G. Johnson; Consuelo Brandeis; KaDonna C. Randolph; Christopher R. King
Source: Resour. Bull. RB-SRS-189. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 136 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (28.28 MB)
DescriptionThis resource bulletin consolidates data from the eighth complete survey of Tennessee’s forest resources which was conducted during the period 2005–09 by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program in coordination with the Tennessee Department of Agriculture Division of Forestry. Data on the extent, condition, and classification of forest land and associated timber volumes, as well as growth, removals, and mortality rates are described and interpreted. Data on forest health and forest landowner characteristics are also evaluated. Estimates of forest resources are reported at multiple scales. The two most common scales discussed in this report are State and unit. The State of Tennessee is divided into five FIA units that approximate broad physiographical sections of the State. The five FIA units are labeled 1) West, 2) West Central, 3) Central, 4) Plateau, and 5) East.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOswalt, Christopher M.; Oswalt, Sonja N.; Johnson, Tony G.; Brandeis, Consuelo; Randolph, KaDonna C.; King, Christopher R. 2012. Tennessee’s forests, 2009. Resour. Bull. RB-SRS-189. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 136 p.
KeywordsAnnual inventory, FIA, forest health indicators, forest ownership, nontimber forest products, timber product output
- Kentucky’s forests, 2009
- Tennessee, 2011-forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Forests of Tennessee, 2012
XML: View XML