Proceedings of the fourth international workshop on the genetics of host-parasite interactions in forestry: Disease and insect resistance in forest treesAuthor(s): Richard A. Sniezko; Alvin D. Yanchuk; John T. Kliejunas; Katharine M. Palmieri; Janice M. Alexander; Susan J. Frankel
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-240. Albany, CA: Pacific Southwest Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture. 372 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
Download Publication (45.85 MB)
DescriptionIndividual papers are available at http://www.fs.fed.us/psw/publications/documents/psw_gtr240/
The Fourth International Workshop on the Genetics of Host-Parasite Interactions in Forestry: Disease and Insect Resistance in Forest Trees provided a forum for research and management options and successes which have occurred over the last 30 years (the previous workshop was held in 1980 in Wageningen, The Netherlands). Eighty-eight submissions from oral and poster presentations at the 2011 workshop held in Eugene, Oregon provide a worldwide, comprehensive update on many aspects of research and operational programs on genetic resistance to forest insects and diseases. Topics of concern to natural forest systems and intensively managed forests are discussed, including resistance mechanisms, durability of resistance, ecology and evolutionary biology of resistance and tolerance, pathogen evolution, molecular tools, short-term screening assays for resistance and status of several applied forest tree resistance programs.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSniezko, Richard A.; Yanchuk, Alvin D.; Kliejunas, John T.; Palmieri, Katharine M.; Alexander, Janice M.; Frankel, Susan J., tech. coords. 2012. Proceedings of the fourth international workshop on the genetics of host-parasite interactions in forestry: disease and insect resistance in forest trees. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-240. Albany, CA: Pacific Southwest Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture. 372 p.
Keywordsforest disease and insect resistance, evolutionary biology, climate change, durable resistance
- Selection of loblolly pine varieties resistant to fusiform rust for commercial deployment
- Proceedings of the Sixth International Workshop on the Genetics of Host-Parasite Interactions in Forestry—Tree Resistance to Insects and Diseases: Putting Promise into Practice
- Developing a disease resistance research program for tanoaks
XML: View XML