Moving from status to trends: Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) symposium 2012Author(s): Randall S. Morin; Greg C. Liknes
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-105. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. [CD-ROM]. 478 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (28.68 MB)
DescriptionThese proceedings report invited presentations and contributions to the 2012 biennial Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium, which was hosted by the Research and Development branch of the U.S. Forest Service. As the only comprehensive and continuous census of the forests in the United States, FIA provides strategic information needed to evaluate sustainability of current forest management practices across all ownerships. Papers and abstracts included in the publication have been sorted into topic areas that match the sessions presented during the meeting. Symposium papers cover high priority and timely issue-based topics including climate change, wildlife, fire, bioenergy, geo-spatial extensions, monitoring over time, integrating remote sensing and GIS applications, statistical and related quantitative solutions to emerging needs, and many others.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMorin, Randall S.; Liknes, Greg C., comps. 2012. Moving from Status to Trends: Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium 2012; 2012 December 4-6; Baltimore, MD. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-105. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. [CD-ROM]. 478 p.
Keywordsstatistics, estimation, sampling, modeling, remote sensing, forest health, data integrity, environmental monitoring, cover estimation, international forest monitoring
- Pushing boundaries: new directions in inventory techniques and applications: Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) symposium 2015
- Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium 2008; October 21-23, 2008; Park City, UT
- Monitoring Across Borders: 2010 Joint Meeting of the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Symposium and the Southern Mensurationists
XML: View XML