Skip to Main Content
Deep sequencing of amplicons reveals widespread intraspecific hybridization and multiple origins of polyploidy in big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata, Asteraceae)Author(s): Bryce A. Richardson; Justin T. Page; Prabin Bajgain; Stewart C. Sanderson; Joshua A. Udall
Source: American Journal of Botany. 99(12): 1962-1975.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (1.09 MB)
Related Research Highlights Science-based Guidelines for Restoration and Conservation of Sagebrush Ecosystems
DescriptionPremise of the study: Hybridization has played an important role in the evolution and ecological adaptation of diploid and polyploid plants. Artemisia tridentata (Asteraceae) tetraploids are extremely widespread and of great ecological importance. These tetraploids are often taxonomically identified as A. tridentata subsp. wyomingensis or as autotetraploids of diploid subspecies tridentata and vaseyana. Few details are available as to how these tetraploids are formed or how they are related to diploid subspecies.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRichardson, Bryce A.; Page, Justin T.; Bajgain, Prabin; Sanderson, Stewart C.; Udall, Joshua A. 2012. Deep sequencing of amplicons reveals widespread intraspecific hybridization and multiple origins of polyploidy in big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata, Asteraceae). American Journal of Botany. 99(12): 1962-1975.
KeywordsArtemesia tridentata, Asteraceae, gene discordance, haplotype clustering, networks, phylogeny, pyrosequencing, reticulate evolution
- Mountain big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata spp vaseyana) seed production
- Big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata) communities: Ecology, importance and restoration potential
- Seed production estimation for mountain big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata ssp. vaseyana)
XML: View XML