Synthesis of Upper Verde River research and monitoring 1993-2008Author(s): Daniel G. Neary; Alvin L. Medina; John N. Rinne
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-291. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 296 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
Download Publication (38.18 MB)
DescriptionThis volume is a state-of-knowledge synthesis of monitoring and research conducted on the Upper Verde River (UVR) of Arizona. It contains information on the history, hydrology, soils, geomorphology, vegetation, and fish fauna of the area that can help land managers and other scientists in successfully conducting ecosystem management and future monitoring and research in this important Southwest river ecosystem. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the UVR's location, vegetation, climate, soils, and watersheds. A historical and pictorial perspective of the UVR is presented in Chapter 2. The hydrology of the watershed and its current physical condition are covered in Chapters 3 and 4. Geomorphic relationships of the UVR channels are described in Chapter 5. The woody and herbaceous vegetation of the UVR are presented in Chapters 6 and 7. Water quality status and issues of the river are discussed in Chapter 8. The status of the fish fauna and other aquatic organisms are described in Chapter 9. Chapters 10 through 12 present summaries of information resources, research recommendations, a summary of this volume, and conclusions.
Memo: Synthesis of Upper Verde River Research and Monitoring 1993-2009. (RMRS-GTR-291)
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNeary, Daniel G.; Medina, Alvin L.; Rinne, John N., eds. 2012. Synthesis of Upper Verde River research and monitoring 1993-2008. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-291. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 296 p.
Keywordsfluvial ecosystem, history, climate, soils, vegetation, geomorphology, watersheds, water quality, fish fauna, Upper Verde River
- Historical and pictorial perspective of the Upper Verde River [Chapter 2]
- Research recommendations [Chapter 10]
- Spatial and temporal variation In streamside herbaceous vegetation of the Upper Verde River: 1996-2001 [Chapter 7]
XML: View XML