Skip to Main Content
User's guide to SILVAH: stand analysis, prescription, and management simulator program for hardwood stands of the Alleghenies.Author(s): David A. Marquis; Richard L. Ernst
Source: Gen. Tech Rep. NE-162. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 124 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (7.31 MB)
DescriptionDescribes the purpose and function of the SILVAH computer program in general terms; provides detailed instructions on use of the program; and provides information on program organization , data formats, and the basis of processing algorithms.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMarquis, David A.; Ernst, Richard L. 1992. User''s guide to SILVAH: stand analysis, prescription, and management simulator program for hardwood stands of the Alleghenies. Gen. Tech Rep. NE-162. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 124 p.
- Optimum stand prescriptions for ponderosa pine
- Historical review of Fort Valley studies on stand management
- Stand development patterns for young planted oak stands on bottomland hardwood restoration sites
XML: View XML