Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
The Southern Forest Futures Project: summary reportAuthor(s): David N. Wear; John G. Greis
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-GTR-168. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 54 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (27.21 MB)
DescriptionThe Southern Forest Futures Project provides a science-based “futuring” analysis of the forests of the 13 States of the Southeastern United States. With findings organized in a set of scenarios and using a combination of computer models and science synthesis, the authors of the Southern Forest Futures Project examine a variety of possible futures that could shape forests and the many ecosystem services and values that forests provide. The science findings and modeling results could inform management and policy analysis of the South’s forests. In this summary report, the authors distill detailed results from the Southern Forest Futures Project technical report and provide a set of key findings and implications.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWear, David N.; Greis, John G. 2012. The Southern Forest Futures Project: summary report. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-GTR-168. Asheville, NC: USDA-Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 54 p.
KeywordsForest conservation, futuring, integrated assessment, Southern Forest Futures Project, sustainability
- The Southern Forest Futures Project: technical report
- Outlook for Piedmont forests: a subregional report from the Southern Forest Futures Project
- Outlook for Mississippi Alluvial Valley forests: a subregional report from the Southern Forest Futures Project
XML: View XML