Skip to Main Content
On Tour... Primary Hardwood Processing, Products and Recycling UnitAuthor(s): Philip A. Araman; Daniel L. Schmoldt
Source: Hardwood Research Bulletin. May: 2, 4.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (32 KB)
DescriptionHoused within the Department of Wood Science and Forest Products at Virginia Polytechnic Institute is a three-person USDA Forest Service research work unit (with one vacancy) devoted to hardwood processing and recycling research. Phil Araman is the project leader of this truly unique and productive unit, titled ãPrimary Hardwood Processing, Products and Recycling.ä The work unit has a research mission to increase U.S. competitiveness and share of domestic and foreign markets by developing automated primary hardwood processing technologies and new or improved products made from lower grade hardwood sawtimber and nonselect species. The unit is also conducting repair and recycling research for hardwood pallets. This article summarizes the units research projects.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAraman, Philip A.; Schmoldt, Daniel L. 1995. On Tour... Primary Hardwood Processing, Products and Recycling Unit. Hardwood Research Bulletin. May: 2, 4.
- Innovative approach to solving "stickies" problem and developing environmentally benign pressure sensitive adhesives through partnerships
- Wood fiber supply and demand in the United States.
- Recycling evaluation of new-generation environmentally benign pressure sensitive adhesives
XML: View XML