Skip to Main Content
Restoration potentials and challenges for Sphaeralcea munroanaAuthor(s): Olga A. Kildisheva; Anthony S. Davis
Source: In: Haase, D. L.; Pinto, J. R.; Riley, L. E., tech. coords. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2011. Proc. RMRS-P-68. Fort Collins, CO: USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 65-71.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (404.51 KB)
DescriptionMunro’s globemallow (Sphaeralcea munroana [Douglas] Spach) is an herbaceous perennial and an important candidate for use in restoration due to its ecological significance and environmental resilience. The species’ popularity among growers and land managers has recently increased but there is still a lack of information regarding seed dormancy and early seedling physiology, making the effective use of the species difficult. This paper provides a review of existing literature on S. munroana’s habitat, restoration potential, seed dormancy, and seedling physiology.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKildisheva, Olga A.; Davis, Anthony S. 2012. Restoration potentials and challenges for Sphaeralcea munroana. In: Haase, D. L.; Pinto, J. R.; Riley, L. E., tech. coords. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2011. Proc. RMRS-P-68. Fort Collins, CO: USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 65-71.
Keywordsphysical dormancy, physiological dormancy, Munro’s globemallow, Great Basin, seedling physiology, Malvaceae
- Plant guide: Munro's globemallow (Sphaeralcea munroana)
- Restoration strategies for a native perennial: Germination and seedling physiology of Sphaeralcea munroana
- Overcoming dormancy and enhancing germination of Sphaeralcea munroana seeds
XML: View XML