An assessment of invasive plant species monitored by the Northern Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis Program, 2005 through 2010Author(s): Cassandra M. Kurtz
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-109. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 70 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (11.14 MB)
DescriptionInvasive plant species are a worldwide concern due to the high ecological and economic costs associated with their presence. This document describes the plant characteristics and regional distribution of the 50 invasive plant species monitored from 2005 through 2010 on forested Phase 2 (P2) Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) plots in the 24 states of the Northern Research Station. Genus level data for nonnative bush honeysuckles (Lonicera species) are included from 2005 through 2006. The data are from plots that are monitored in forested areas for public and private ownership classes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKurtz, Cassandra M. 2013. An assessment of invasive plant species monitored by the Northern Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis Program, 2005 through 2010. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-109. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 70 p.
Keywordsalien plants, exotic plants, exotic weeds, introduced plants, invasion, invasive plants, invasive species, invasive weeds, noxious plants
- An assessment of nonnative bush honeysuckle in northern U.S. forests
- Potential impacts of year-round sampling on monitoring presence- absence of invasive flora in the southern United States
Using forest inventory plot data and satellite imagery from MODIS and Landsat-TM to model spatial distribution patterns of honeysuckle and privet
XML: View XML