Skip to Main Content
The Exotic Pest Plant CouncilAuthor(s): Brian. Bowen
Source: In: Britton, Kerry O., ed. Exotic pests of eastern forests conference proceedings; 1997 April 8-10; Nashville, TN. U.S. Forest Service and Tennessee Exotic Pest Plant Council: 9-12.
Publication Series: Paper (invited, offered, keynote)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (245.8 KB)
DescriptionThe Exotic Pest Plant Council (EPPC) is a proactive organization established to raise awareness about the threat posed by invasive exotic pest plants in natural areas and acts to stop the continued spread of invasive species. EPPC provides fora for sharing information and provides networking opportunities regarding all matters concerning this issue. EPPC was first established in Florida in 1984 and has since become established in California, the Pacific Northwest, and Tennessee. These independent organizations have formed the National Association of Exotic Pest Plant Councils. The different EPPCs share manysimilar goals. In Tennessee, EPPC hosts annual symposia, conducts workshops, and publishes a quarterly newsletter. TN-EPPC has published the Tennessee Exotic Pest Plant list classifying the state's most invasive plants, and has published the Tennessee Exotic Plant Management Manual. TN-EPPC acts in a technical advisory capacity and has helped establish rules for quarantine of exotic pest plants while working to get government agencies out of the business of planting exotics.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBowen, Brian. 1998. The Exotic Pest Plant Council. In: Britton, Kerry O., ed. Exotic pests of eastern forests conference proceedings; 1997 April 8-10; Nashville, TN. U.S. Forest Service and Tennessee Exotic Pest Plant Council: 9-12.
- A survey of exotic plants in federal wilderness areas
- Meeting the challenge: invasive plants in Pacific Northwest ecosystems.
- Exotic pests of eastern forests conference proceedings
XML: View XML