Skip to Main Content
ROMI-RIP: Rough Mill RIP-first simulator user's guideAuthor(s): R. Edward Thomas
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-202. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 72 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (6.74 MB)
DescriptionThe ROugh Mill RIP-first simulator (ROMI-RIP) is a computer software package for IBM compatible personal computers that simulates current industrial practices for gang-ripping lumber. This guide shows the user how to set and examine the results of simulations regarding current or proposed mill practices. ROMI-RIP accepts cutting bills with up to 300 different part sizes. Plots of processed boards are easily viewed or printed. Detailed summaries of processing data (number of rips and crosscuts) and yields (single boards or entire board files) can be viewed or printed.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationThomas, R. Edward ROMI-RIP: Rough Mill RIP-first simulator user''s guide. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-202. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 72 p.
Keywordssawing, computer programs, lumbering
- Validation of the ROMI-RIP rough mill simulator
- ROMI-3: Rough-Mill Simulator Version 3.0: User's Guide
- ROMI 4.0: Rough mill simulator 4.0 users manual
XML: View XML