Skip to Main Content
Great Basin Experimental Range: Annotated bibliographyAuthor(s): E. Durant McArthur; Bryce A. Richardson; Stanley G. Kitchen
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. GTR-305WWW. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 97 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
Download Publication (1.99 MB)
DescriptionThis annotated bibliography documents the research that has been conducted on the Great Basin Experimental Range (GBER, also known as the Utah Experiment Station, Great Basin Station, the Great Basin Branch Experiment Station, Great Basin Experimental Center, and other similar name variants) over the 102 years of its existence. Entries were drawn from the original abstracts or summaries when those were included in the original document. When no abstract or summary was provided the authors produced summaries for inclusion. One hundred and ninety-one works are included and indexed by date, type of publication, subject matter, and author. The works are divided into the following categories (some of which are interrelated): Community Ecology, Disturbance (Grazing ) Ecology, Fire Ecology, Historical and Site Descriptions, Livestock Management, Mammal Ecology, Methodology, Plant Autoecology, Plant Physiology, Plant Taxonomy or Status, Range Ecology and Range Management, Research Needs Assessment, Revegetation and Restoration Ecology, Site Evaluation and Species Performance, Soil Biology and Ecology, and Watershed Ecology. One hundred and three authors are included among who are some eminent scientists that have made fundamental contributions to the body of natural resource science.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcArthur, E. Durant; Richardson, Bryce A.; Kitchen, Stanley G. 2013. Great Basin Experimental Range: Annotated bibliography. Gen. Tech. Rep. GTR-305WWW. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 97 p.
KeywordsGreat Basin Experimental Range, Great Basin Experiment Station, Utah Experiment Station, Great Basin Station, livestock grazing, rangeland ecology, revegetation, species trials, watershed ecology
- Desert Experimental Range: Annotated bibliography
- Scientist contributions
- Beginnings of range management: an anthology of the Sampson-Ellison photo plots (1913 to 2003) and a short history of the Great Basin Experiment Station
XML: View XML