Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Managing fine hardwoods after a half century of research: Proceedings of the Seventh Walnut Council Research SymposiumAuthor(s): J.W. Van Sambeek; Elizabeth A. Jackson; Mark V. Coggeshall; Andrew L. Thomas; Charles H. eds. Michler
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-115. Newtown Square, PA; U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 106 p. [CD-ROM].
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (6.61 MB)
DescriptionThis report presents information from the Seventh Walnut Council Research Symposium, held August 1-3, 2011. This report includes 14 papers and abstracts relating to economics and utilization, pest management, nursery production, plantation establishment, tree improvement, stand management, agroforestry, and nut production of black walnut, related Juglans species, and other high value hardwoods.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationVan Sambeek, J.W.; Jackson, Elizabeth A.; Coggeshall, Mark V.; Thomas, Andrew L.; Michler, Charles H. eds. 2013. Managing fine hardwoods after a half century of research: Proceedings of the Seventh Walnut Council Research Symposium; 2011 August 1-3; Madison, WI. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-115. Newtown Square, PA; U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 106 p. [CD-ROM].
KeywordsJuglans, plantation culture, nut production
- Black walnut in a new century, proceedings of the 6th Walnut Council research symposium; 2004 July 25-28; Lafayette, IN.
- History of black walnut genetics research in North America
- Current research in Spain on walnut for wood production
XML: View XML