Skip to Main Content
Green lumber grade yields from factory grade logs of three oak speciesAuthor(s): Daniel A. Yaussy
Source: Forest Products Journal. 36(5): 53-56.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (289.81 KB)
DescriptionMultivariate regression models were developed to predict green board foot yields for the seven common factory lumber grades processed from white, black, and chestnut oak factory grade logs. These models use the standard log measurements of grade, scaling diameter, log length, and proportion of scaling defect. Any combination of lumber grades (such as 1 Common and Better) or total yield from a log can be predicted with these models. The coefficients presented here can be used in computer programs related to sawmill simulations, economic modeling, or log-yard inventory systems.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
CitationYaussy, Daniel A. 1986. Green lumber grade yields from factory grade logs of three oak species. Forest Products Journal. 36(5): 53-56.
- Multivariate regression model for predicting lumber grade volumes of northern red oak sawlogs
- Impact of elliptical shaped red oak logs on lumber grade and volume recovery
- Dimension Yields from Factory Grade 2 and 3 Red Oak Logs
XML: View XML