Skip to Main Content
OPTIGRAMI V2 user's guideAuthor(s): Penny S. Lawson; R. Edward Thomas; Elizabeth S Walker
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-222. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 46p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (4.56 MB)
DescriptionOPTIGRAMI V2 is a computer program available for IBM persaonl computer with 80286 and higher processors. OPTIGRAMI V2 determines the least-cost lumber grade mix required to produce a given cutting order for clear parts from rough lumber of known grades in a crosscut-first rough mill operation. It is a user-friendly integrated application that includes optimization for species graded under standard National Hardwood Lumber Association grade rules, as well as yellow-poplar and black walnut. Output information includes gross volume of lumber required in each lumber grade, estimated total production cost, board footage of parts generated, percent yield, and range of costs within each lumber grade for which the given solution is valid.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLawson, Penny S.; Thomas, R. Edward; Walker, Elizabeth S. 1996. OPTIGRAMI V2 user''s guide. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-222. Radnor, PA: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station
Keywordslumber, computer program, optimization
- Rough mill simulator version 3.0: an analysis tool for refining rough mill operations
- OPTIGRAMI: Optimum lumber grade mix program for hardwood dimension parts
- ROMI 3.1 Least-cost lumber grade mix solver using open source statistical software
XML: View XML